Thursday, March 4, 2010

Did I Buy a "Dead Ringer" in Guangzhou?

While I was in Guangzhou last month, my travelling cohort bought two sport items from this shop, namely basket ball and badminton racket. These two items were not in my shopping list, but the prices were too attractive to give it a miss.

The boss admitted that this bag was a fake but given as a goodwill.


The basketball was well dressed and accompanied with an authentically verifiable certificate.






The retail price printed at RMB 280


The model of my purchased basketball is listed in the Spalding.com.cn website.





The moment of Truth.

The 16 digits found on the card were rejected by the website as it had already being used or registered by someone else.



As per para 4 found on the overleaf of the certificate, it says that the verification number can only be registered once. This clause is silent on the authenticity of the product.

My dear readers, can you be the Sherlock Holmes for this case?

By the way, I paid RMB60 for this basketball. My friend told me a similar product was sold for RM200 in Kuala Lumpur.

1 comment:

bsyeoh said...

For the price that you paid, I would think that it's a fake one. Anyway, suka tiu ho & huan hi tiu ho...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails