Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Italian Food - Eatery in Johor Bahru


When my friend mentioned this Italian Restaurant, I suddenly failed to recall its existence. It must be umpteen years ago since I set foot on this place.



The ambiance is rather genial as the place is not overly crowded with tables and chairs. They even have a section for smoking diners - in defiance of the existing rule about smoking in air-conditioned place.



To set the train of eating in motion, we were shown the biggest menu, standing right in front of us.


Out of the four speciality dishes shown, we ordered prawn croquettes with spicy tomato salsa.




To complement our entrées, we ordered this bottle of red wine produced by Paul Jaboulet Aine Winery. This winery is located at Rhone ( Chateauneuf du Pape ), France.

Surprisingly, the astringency of the wine seemed to co-operate well with my taste bud.

My friend ordered "wagyu" beef. ( Note: Don't ask the price.)

As for me, I preferred a lamb shank.

A slight observation here, the two entrées that we ordered were complemented with saute mushroom. Did we indulge ourselves too much with the extra plate of saute mushroom?

Saute mushroom

1 comment:

Nikel Khor said...

hmm...JB such good place for food hunt

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails