Friday, August 28, 2009

090827 post meridiem - How I while away the times



In Malaysia, Haagen Dazs is considered the ultimate ice cream that you can buy; ultimate because it is the most expensive ice-cream displayed in retailing outlets.My friends, LCP & TKK, can swear by it as they are the major cosumers. I know they will pay a premium price to get certain flavour. However, can you make a guess of the retailing price of this 414 ml rum raisin ice cream ? You will be surprised how affordable it is in USA?



What are the tell-tale signs that this tomato plant is not exhibiting the desired traits of a good tomato? Has the owner neglected it in certain of aspects of care? E.g. water, fertilizer, worms, insects, soils, etc. It is a tricky question as I don't have green fingers.


If you are impatient for the flow of traffic to stop, you are most likely to push the button, not once and in many successive actions. True or false?

Apple tree found next to my brother's house but it does not belong to him. Apples have deliberately allowed themselves to be sprawled on the ground. Newton discovered the principle of gravity by observing the wastage found the ground.

Apple , apple on the ground

Very soon, these apples will show their esprit de corps by joining those found on the ground.


Rose, Rose I love you with an aching heart.
What is your future, now we have to part?
Standing on the jetty as the steamer moves away,
Flower of Malaya, I cannot stay.

Make way, oh, make way for my Eastern Rose.
Men crowd in dozens everywhere she goes.
In her rickshaw on the street or in a cabaret,
"Please make way for Rose," you can hear them say.

All my life I shall remember,
Oriental music and you in my arms.
Perfumed flowers in your tresses,
Lotus-scented breezes and swaying palms.

Rose, Rose I love you with your almond eyes.
Fragrant and slender 'neath tropical skies.
I must cross the seas again and never see you more.
Way back to my home on a distant shore.

(All my life I shall remember,)
(Oriental music and you in my arms.)
(Perfumed flowers in your tresses,)
(Lotus-scented breezes and swaying palms.)

Rose, Rose I leave you, my ship is in the bay.
Kiss me farewell now, there's nothin' to say.
East is East and West is West, our worlds are far apart.
I must leave you now but I leave my heart.

Rose, Rose I love you with an aching heart.
What is your future, now we have to part?
Standing on the jetty as the steamer moves away,
Flower of Malaya, I cannot stay.

(Rose, Rose I love you, I cannot stay.)

Prune

Why the prunes are allowed to be wasted?
I know the answer after eating the prune. Do you guess it right?
Don't scroll down to get the answer.

A closer up view of prune and asian pear.

Goat likes to eat fruits

Asian Pear

The prune is sweet and so it attracts a lot of visitiors,

Does fruit provide protein ? If no, may I suggest eating the whole prune save the seed. Why, the small elongated whitish creature is a good source of protein. Are you game enough to swallow or munch it?
As a matter of fact, all the prunes are heavily popupated by this persona non grata

After much deliberation, we decide to try chinese foods in this restuarant in China Town, Seattle

Standard setting

For visitors from Malaysia, you can't find a small plate to house the chilli sauce or soya sauce. Use your ingenuity to find a suitable receptacle for this purpose.




Sweet sauce, spring onions and .....



steamed dumplings - and you guess it right, to be eaten with the duck

Peking Duck

Meat montage + jelly fish

Fried rice + egg + salted fish

The chinese name is bit complicated - it is basically chicken

Mongolian Beef

Clams

Oyster served inside claypot

Fortune Cookies

I better reserve my observation about the Chinese foods as my bench mark is different from that used by the locals.


Rambutan - 11.99 per pound -
So when you are in Malaysia, please don't waste it
it is equivalent to RM92 per kg

Strange animal

Mangosteen
US$10.59 per lb
do your own conversion if you want to know how much to pay in Ringgit



This fruit declares war to invaders by armouring itself with thorn-like weapon, nonetheless, the act is futile as you can clearly see in these 2 pictures that it is captivated and frozen, and worst of all, put up for sales at $2.99

strange vegetable - look and feel like plastics


Interesting peppers

Water melon -
Is watermelon melon ?

Oyster - not cheap

Tilapia - can't believe they eat scavenger fish

The yam is heavily coloured

79 cts per pound

750 ml - $12.29


500 ml - $10.99

would you buy 500 ml or 750 ml ?


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails