Saturday, August 15, 2009

Japan 1979-09-05

I was fortunate enough to be awarded a Colombo Scholarship under JICA program to attend 3-month ( Sept 6 - Dec 14, 1979) training in Japan. This traininig course was organised by the Ministry of Construction and Japan Sewage Works Agency. My course co-leader was Dr. N. Okuno.

This post also hopes to reconnect the other participants from 11 countries as I have no contact whatsoever with them since 1979. Hopefully, some will read my blog to renew the "skinship".

As it happened in 1979, this post is trying very hard to retrieve the fragmented data from my "4 Terabyte human hard-disk" in chronicling the events, sanguinely there are not too many bad sectors.

Flight JL 716, Arrival Hall, Narita, Toyko on 5 Sept 1979. I remembered at that time, there was some strike going on to protest the use of land for the construction of Narita Airport.

I can not verify whether this belt is still existing. This flight originated from Subang International Airport, Kuala Lumpur and stopped over at the old Kai Tak Airport, Hongkong enroute to Japan. As far as I know, these two airports had already retired for other uses. The whole journey took more than 12 hours as compared to the present flight time of about 6 hours. In-flight, I was served with Japanese food, amongst others, cold soba. You see, the food can be such as experience that until today, the sight, smell and taste are still entrenched in the "hard disk".


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails