Sunday, August 9, 2009

A Day Trip from Johor Bahru to Kuala Lumpur


As I have some matter to attend to in Pusat Bandar Damansara, Kuala Lumpur, so I do a Google Search for the guidance of public transport, all the answers given are left much to be desired. Maybe I can contribute my 2 cts guide as I had personally taken the route intended. Of course, my journey starts from Johor Bahru. In this case, I choose to travel by bus ( Mara Liner ). The fare is RM31.20 for a single journey from Johor Bahru to Kota Raya, Kuala Lumpur.



If you take a closer look at the ticket, you will find "kelas Ekonomi" or "Economy Class" is printed on it. It it mind boggling why the bus company includes such information. Does it imply that they do provide other classes of ride? Can somebody enlighten me?


External View of the Bus


Interior View


Interior View


Be your own judge to comment on these 2 interior view of bus





Have you ever wondered how fast this mechanical horse is travelling?

I capture the bus' speed on my GPS. It is doing on an average speed of more than 110 km/hr. it looks like the driver is betting your life on gambling traffice offence.

The journey takes about 4 hours, inclusive of short stop at half-way house. The bus stops at Puduraya, Kuala Lumpur.


Lunch




Chee Chong Fan, one of the best in Malaysia. I have been eating here for the past 39 years. Price : RM2.00 (large), smaller plate : RM1.50

You might ask where is this place. Here, Madras Lane, Kuala Lumpur.
In this lane, they used to sell exotic cuisines with animal-base, such as tiger, crocodile & etc.





The bus station located below the Bangsar LRT. Don't wait the bus T634 here, it is not the right place, so I ended taking a taxi to Pusat Bandar Damansara, fare RM9.00 as compared to the bus fare RM1.00.

This is the correct terminal for bus T634

Another of view Bus T634


The sign board is so pathetic, no wonder I can not locate the bus terminal

My final destination

PUBLIC PHONE BOOTHS






Make a guess, how long these telephone booths will last. Look at the deplorable states they are in.


Dinner

"lo shi fan" lit. powder of rat. Price: RM5.00

The noodle shop located at Jalan Silang, Kuala Lumpur. I quite like the place. The price is quite reasonable by today's standard.


This is the platform for taking my returning journey to Johor Bahru



Arriving at Johor Bahru past midnight.










No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails