Thursday, November 19, 2009

Changing the Guard at Buckingham Palace, London

If you take away this unique event from London, I must say there is nothing much to see in London as a tourist. Just ask around your friends who have been to London, I think they will quite concur with me. Let me dissertate my premise.

London is full of old buildings. Example, this Buckingham Palace was built in 1702 and is presently used as the home for the Queen and her husband. Tell me, if you look at this building, I am very sure you will see eye to eye with me that there are so many buildings found in oversea also embrace the same structure and design. In other words, the building is so archaic to the point of being almost mundane. In this connection, the view and sight of the building would not give you any surprise. If you are robbed of element of surprise, do you have a valid reason to make a visit to this building. Would you pay much attention to this building were it not the residence of the royal family? I will deliberate about other points in my other posts in future.

I seem to have digressed and the following pictures should help to steer me back to the theme of this post.

Outside the Buckingham Palace is this Victoria Memorial.


View Larger Map

Actually I have no idea of the ceremony. If you are interested about this ceremonial event, please visit the official website at

It is not a good etiquette to write something based on my research that was done on research of someone else, it is amounting to plagiarism. Since I have not done any research, the official website shall be the de facto authority on this subject.

Reading this kind of post shall not be too taxing on the brain. Your duty is to enjoy the pictures and videos and then move on to whatever blog you like. If you like my blog, you are most welcome to do a reprise on photos and videos, not on my mumbo-jumbo.






Are they supposed to keep quiet and look straight while marching?





My clothing does not offer any warmth to my body. It is too cold.




When the show is over, the building once again becomes desolate.

My final look at Buckingham Palace.


2 comments:

Bubbles...ooo said...

Ermmm...if you are a first time visitor YES, lots to see. Hyde Park, Buckingham Palace, the underground, etc. I was awed the first time I was in London. Of course if you stay there say for more months then....? Then and again, it really is up to the individual,no? BTW, very nice pictures taken.

Unknown said...

The perception is definitely varying from person to person.Reverentially, I must agreed with your findings about London. However, curiosity does not get the better of me. Thanks for the compliments.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails