Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Foods Available on Monday in Johor Bahru - Eatery in Johor Bahru

On Monday, many eateries and restaurants in Johor Bahru are not open, for that reason you do require local knowledge to zero in on few reasonable edible food outlets. One of the stalls is mentioned below.

It has been here for umpteen years. They serve predominantly seafoods. One of my favourite is the "asam fish" made from "ikan terubok". It has the texture of canned sardine except it is sour. Sadly, it is not available today. The following pictures show my selections for lunch.

View Location of my Restaurant in a larger map


I did mention in my another post about the metal awning. True enough, there is a heavy downpour and the thunderous noise produced can actually penetrate your ear drums.

"La la" as they called it in Malay.

White rice - fairly good quality.

It is difficult to decipher the food from the picture. The answer is at the next picture.
If you guess it right, you are damned good. Anywhere, it is fried fish head.
And I like to eat it with lots of chilli and minced garlic.
At this magnification, the chilli looks like tomato. There was at one moment that I couldn't recognise it myself.
The very popular soup made from vegetable, ikan bilis and floating fish balls.

This is not a light stout as insinuated by the cup's label but a herbal drink made from "lo hong ko" and dried "longan".
Total bill: RM32.00 for three persons.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails