Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Roast Duck, Johor Bahru


Roast Duck is one of my favourite foods but inexplicably I don't have indulgence in it. The last time I had my roast duck was in Toronto ( supra ).

You can procure this highly cholesterol-clotting food every Tuesday at pasar malam ( night market ) along Jalan Pingai, Taman Pelangi, Johor Bahru. It is roughly situated at the middle section of the road. This stall does have many competitors in this highly congested street . It excels itself among other stalls with its consistent taste and price. The price has been maintained at around RM23-24 per bird for nearly a year. Regardless of how, the price does go up during festival periods. The stall opens for business at around  4pm.  If you go there around 6.30pm, you may have to buy from another stall.

A dollop of roast duck packaged in oil-proof paper.
If you buy half a bird, they wouldn't give you the head and neck.
Most of the time, they also would remove the bishop nose unless you have strong liking for the duck smell.
I buy only half of the duck for the simple reason that it is sufficient for one meal. If you keep it in the refrigerator overnight, the skin tends to lose its crispiness and the meat becomes unpleasing to the mouth.
卤鸭翅膀
Duck wing marinated with black soya sauce and secret ingredients.
10 pc = RM3.00
I usually do no eat all the duck wings in one session. It is kept in the freezer. To eat it, I will drown the wing with marinated sauce shown below and microwave it. Voila, you restore the food.

They have already factored in the price of duck when they give you these two items. I always ask for extra packet of chilli sauce.

I realise that most of the time my post has no conclusion. Maybe you reader can continue from where I have left out.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails