Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Chivers Lemon Curd


I am sure you do have certain food that reminds you of some special event in life. In the same vein, song is also proven to behave likewise.

My first encounter with lemon curd was about 35 years ago. It was introduced by my friend with expensive taste.

Once you have tried it, the smell and taste will firmly entrench in your memory forever. We loved to spread our bread ( can be toasted ) with thick layer of lemon curd. To add a touch of smoothness, we also added non discreetly thick slate of frozen butter.

By and by, you realise that most supermarkets do not carry this item any more, particularly in Johor Bahru.

Notwithstanding the above statement, I did come across lemon curd being sold in a premium supermarket located at Ion, Orchard Road, Singapore. It goes without saying that the lemon curd is also sold at a premium price.

I was fortunate to be given as a present when I was in Netherlands recently. It is such a precious food that I must now eat it discreetly.

This post serves as a record of appreciation to the person who gave me this long lost food.





2 comments:

Unknown said...

i love lemon curd too. Just got one called Premium Lemon Curd from Waitrose from Cold Storage. I found an organic one in Medi-Ya but they don't sell it anymore. Crabtree and Evelyn has the best texture but it was sweet like hell. True, not many people can appreciate Lemon Curd. Maybe the British? Hey, do u know that if you spread a layer of peanut butter on top of the curd, it taste heavenly?

Mussipitz said...

I know this posting is already a little while...

but I was also looking for the brand of lemon curd you showed in the posting.

It is really good and I found it while I was on vacation. Now I am back and I can't find this brand...

But I have a recipe for homemade lemoncurd... it is also very delicous...

If you are interested, let me know I will translate the recipe for you then...

warmest regards from Germany

Andrea

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails