Saturday, November 14, 2009

點心Dim Sum - Eatery in Johor Bahru

Place : Jalan Hang Tuah 28, Taman Ungku Tun Aminah, Sekudai.
The name of eatery is shown clearly in the picture. The inclusion of an additional shop lot was a solid testimony that the business is expanding.


If you look at the shop lots on the right hand side, you can notice that there are quite a number of "Dim Sum" players. Why this one stand out from the rest?

They serve dim sum on a big try without the use of trolley.
This tray consists of deep-fried foods.
These are the steamed items.

Sia Mai 燒賣 my first choice.

Prawn dumpling蝦餃 - second choice.

Big fish balls 魚蛋- 3rd choice.

If you want to cut cost, eat something like big bao so you don't dabble on other items.

How do you eat the Big Bao大包?
In Malaysia, most eaters will peel away the outer thin layer of bao. However, in China, I had witnessed people do consume the bao with the thin skin intact. Do you know the reason why the skin has to be peeled off in Malaysia? Do give me the answer in the comment box.



A more naked bao.

The inside story.
I like the bao here because it does not contain too much of jicama. The picture may not be so clear. Essentially, it has 1/5 of egg, solid piece of chicken meat, minced pork, onion and ...
The gustus falls within my requirement. ( I have posted some comment about my preference for "bao", do give a search for that post.)

I used to have Chinese tea to go with the dim sum, but a medical study changed my choice.
In that medical study, it revealed that acid found in the tea would interfere with the digesting process of foods. When foods were not properly digested , you might experience constipation. Instead of tea, I had a concentrated coffee without milk.


Blogging on the go ?
The boss is quite considerate in providing the hand-washing facility outside the shop.

Look at the metal awning. I suggest you do not sit along the five-foot way as the awning would produce thunderous noise when rained.

Do you know this place and how often do you come back?

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails