Sunday, November 29, 2009

Chinese Restaurant "Oriental City", Amsterdam

Being Chinese, my choice for lunch is still Chinese Food in Amsterdam.

I don't know much about this restaurant but my confidante suggests that we should go for this one.

The restaurant is right at the centre in the far end of this picture.

We are about to reach there.

There is a vast selection of foods here. But we decide to go for dim sum.



A crash course on using the chopstick.

Actually, this is not dim sum but kueh teow in Cantonese style. One of the ingredients is dried squid. In Malaysia, we use fresh squid instead.

Spring rolls. ( Deep fried Popiah )

Chee Chong Fun - prawn

Wo Tek.

As you can tell from the size of the meal served, it is rather generous by Asian standard. So, some of the foods are to go. Generally, the dim sum served in oversea is much more better than those you find in Malaysia, possibly due to special touch rendered by imported Hongkong Chefs. I will showcase another dim sum restaurant in The Hague in another of my posts.

If you happen to be in Amsterdam, do come and try here. The Chinese foods are still quite authentic without iota trace of western fusion. If you speak Cantonese, you can find yourself quite at ease in this restaurant.


Their menu.







I don't know how much is the bill as I was given a treat. I think it is in the region of 25 euro or about RM125.00. You must not convert the currency when you eat or else you will starve to death.


2 comments:

Malaysia Asia said...

Hi there, dropping by from bloggerunited. The restaurant looks decent. My last trip to Amsterdam was back in 2002 when I traveled Holland-Finland-Sweden. Sadly while in Holland, I did not try any Chinese food. Maybe next time when I visit again.

Regards,
David
Malaysia Asia

Unknown said...

Thanks for dropping by. As a matter of fact, you really need to know which restaurants are serving authentic Chinese foods or else you may land up with Westernised Chinese foods.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails